Designworks International Pty Ltd ACN 644 545 193 tel: 1800 959 667, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Everlast Australia is committed to protecting the privacy of customers' personal information. We take all reasonable steps to follow practices and procedures that:
• Ensure we comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) and any privacy code applying to us; and
• Allow us to deal with enquiries and complaints about our compliance with the APPs and any applicable privacy code.
If you are under sixteen, you must get permission from your parent or guardian before you:
• Complete any forms, questionnaires or surveys for us; or
• Accept any special offers or make any purchases from us.
1. WHY WE NEED TO COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), 'personal information' means "information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable". The information/opinion does not have to be recorded in writing or be true. We collect personal information from customers so that we can:
• Provide online shopping services;
• Provide bespoke product;
• Make style and size recommendations;
• Review, assess and improve our products and services;
• Research and develop new products;
• Market our products and services; and
• Analyse and predict customer behaviour
• Provide introductions and collaboration opportunities with other brands and concepts
• Suggest competition and social engagement opportunities.
2. HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information directly from you when you:
• Create an online shopping account; or
• Upload images, fill in a form, questionnaire or survey on www.everlastboxing.com.au or another of our websites; or
• Make a purchase from us or take advantage of one of our special offers.
3. THE KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect:
• Your name, age and email address;
• Your billing and shipping addresses;
• Your account log-in details (including password);
• Information about your purchases (including sizes and colours ordered);
• Images (of you or otherwise) that are uploaded to our Insta Gallery, www.everlastboxing.com.au or another of our websites or social media channels and electronic newsletters that we distribute;
• Information about products you have placed on your account's "wish list”; and
• Your credit or debit card details when buying from us online.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND WHO WE DISCLOSE IT TO
We use your personal information to:
• Provide our services to you (including our online shopping and bespoke product services);
• Make style and size recommendations to you;
• Respond to any enquiries or complaints you may make;
• Review, assess and improve our products and services;
• Research and develop new products; and
• Carry out direct marketing and social media marketing activities (including posting); and
• Help us analyse and predict consumer behaviour (but only where the information is aggregated and anonymous).
MARKETING CONSENT AND OPT OUT
By agreeing to our website terms and conditions you are consenting to us using your personal information for direct marketing and social media marketing. At any time, you can request us to stop sending you marketing communications. Simply email email@example.com, telephone 1800 959 667.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
CONSENT TO DISCLOSURES
By agreeing to our website terms and conditions, you are consenting to us making the disclosures in (a)-(e) above. Without your consent to these disclosures of your personal information, we will unfortunately be unable to provide you with our online services.
5. DISCLOSURE OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA
6. HOW TO ACCESS AND CORRECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can access and correct the personal information we hold about you in two ways:
• If you have a VIP account with us, by logging into to your VIP account; or
• by contacting us directly and requesting that we give you access and/ or make a correction email: firstname.lastname@example.org telephone: 1800 959 667
We will respond to requests for access to/ correction of personal information within a reasonable time.
If it's reasonable and practicable to do so, we will give access to the information in the manner you request. However, we may not give you access if we are not obliged to under the APPs. Please note, it's free to make an access request, but we may charge you a fee when you access the information.
If you request us to correct personal information we hold about you, we will take reasonable steps to make the correction so that, taking into account the purpose for which we hold the personal information, the information is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. If:
• we make a correction to personal information about you; and
• before making the correction we had disclosed the information to another entity that is covered by the APPs; and
• you request us to notify the other entity of the correction, we will take reasonable steps to give that notification, unless it is impracticable or unlawful for us to do it.
If we refuse to:
• allow you access to the personal information we hold about you; or
• give access in the manner you request; or
• correct personal information about you as you request, we will write to you explaining at least:
- the reasons for our refusal (unless it would be unreasonable for us to give them); and
- how you can complain about the refusal.
If we refuse to correct personal information as requested by you, you may request us to associate with the information a statement that it is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. We will then take reasonable steps to associate the statement with the information in a way that makes the statement apparent to users of the information.
7. HOW TO COMPLAIN ABOUT OUR TREATMENT OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can complain about a breach by us of the APPs or a registered privacy code, by emailing email@example.com telephoning: 1800 959 667
Initially your complaint will be handled by our Customer Service Team, in accordance with established protocols for the particular type of complaint. If no handling protocol exists for your complaint, it will be referred to the relevant general manager for follow-up.
We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from:
• misuse, interference and loss; and
• unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We make every effort to follow industry standard security measures for personal information under our control. All financial information is encrypted during transmission, and we self-certify against industry security standards for payment processing. Only authorised staff and consultants have access (on a restricted basis) to the personal information we collect. We regularly review developments in security and encryption technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Accordingly, although we endeavour to protect information you transmit to us, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of that information, and you transmit it at your own risk. You may be able to configure your browser to advise you whether the information you are sending us will be secure (encrypted) or not secure (unencrypted). Once we receive your transmission, we take reasonable steps to protect the information on our own systems. For more information, you might like to refer to the OAIC Guide to Information Security, at:http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-resources/privacy-guides/guide-to-information-security
8. ACCOUNT DETAILS
When registering on www.everlastboxing.com.au or another of our websites, you will receive account details including a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and other account details. You are also fully responsible for all activities that occur on your account or involve the use of your password.
9. WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DON'T PROVIDE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE REQUEST
If you do not provide personal information as requested by us we may not be able to respond to an enquiry or provide some or all of our online services. You may need to purchase items directly from stockists of EVERLAST AUSTRALIA products.
10. DESTRUCTION AND DE-IDENTIFICATION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information if:
• we no longer need to use or disclose the information in any of the ways we are entitled to use or disclose it under the APPs; and
• we are not legally required to keep the information.
11. OTHER MATTERS
If we receive unsolicited personal information about you, which we would not have been entitled to collect under the APPs, we will destroy or de-identify that information if it is lawful and reasonable for us to do so.
Web pages on www.everlastboxing.com.au or another of our websites may use 'cookies'. These are small files that are placed on your hard disk for data-collection purposes. Like an IP address, a cookie helps a website remember who you are. Cookies can make your subsequent visits to a website more seamless. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. However, by not accepting cookies, some web pages may not display properly or you may not be permitted to access certain information.
We will not adopt, use or disclose any identifier that has been issued by a government or government agency in relation to any individual or personal information.